Site Clifford Chance
Where Bright Minds Meet
Clifford Chance is one of the world’s leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
The Luxembourg Office, with around 120 Lawyers and 13 Partners, has been a leading and respected player in the Luxembourg legal services market. As a member of our Litigation and Employment practice, you will be able to advise major international and domestic clients and work on various legal matters in the fields of employment law (employment contracts, review of internal policies, employee benefits schemes, international mobility, etc.).
In the context of the continuous development of our activities, we are currently recruiting an:
Junior Employment Lawyer (m/f)
As a member of our Employment Law team, your tasks include:
- Drafting of client memoranda and client correspondence.
- Drafting of contracts and formal notice letters.
- Legal research in any of our employment-related areas of activity (collective labour law issues, social security aspects, remuneration policies, whistleblower cases, …).
- Giving pre-litigation advice and handling of settlement discussions.
- Drafting of procedural documents: court applications, motions, written submissions, notes for oral pleadings, legal exhibits and documentary evidence. Handling of court proceedings (attendance of hearings, oral pleadings, …).
- Provide support to the whole LDR practice, as well as other practices of our firm.
What we are looking for:
- You have 1 to 3 years’ experience in Employment law, ideally gained within a reputable Luxembourg law firm.
- You successfully passed an academic degree in law. A specialized Master’s degree (LL.M) or a complementary degree focusing on Employment or Litigation would be an asset.
- You are ideally admitted to the ‘Liste II’ or undertaking the CCDL.
- A perfect command of French and English, with excellent writing skills. Any additional language skills (particularly in German and/or Luxembourgish) would be considered as an asset.
- A creative, pragmatic and solution-oriented mindset.
- Commitment, team spirit and strong communication skills are required qualities to progress in a stimulating environment.
What we offer:
- A dynamic and multicultural work environment to favour professional and personal development.
- Autonomous file management.
- Professional relationships with local and international clients allowing you to develop your network and knowledge.
- The opportunity to work with knowledgeable and experienced lawyers receiving ‘on the job’ guidance.
A training program to further develop your legal and business skills and stay up to date on legal developments with our Clifford Chance Academy.
Interested? Please upload your complete application in English online (CV, cover letter & latest transcripts). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
At Clifford Chance, we are committed to treating all employees and job applicants fairly and equally. We have a number of initiatives and networks that support our aspiration to be the Global Law Firm of choice. These include our LGBT, Gender Parity, Ethnicity and Disability networks.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter opportunities.cliffordchance.com.